In the last couple decades Latin-American countries have developed subsidies for low-income individuals and families aiming to fight poverty and reduce social inequality.
This course introduces the main welfare subsidies utilized in Brazil, its aspects and effects as well as a comparative analysis of other programs in the region.
Private and Public sector employees, non-profit employees and civilians interested in the subject.
- FGV’s instructors will present concepts, best practices, and case study analysis in a strategic, up-to-date, and dynamic way. Students will be expected to discuss, analyze and exchange ideas concerning the topic.
- Modality: online, presential or semi-attendance (to be defined).
- The Program may include technical visits to private companies and/or government agencies.
- The main welfare programs in Brazil and its institutional aspects
- The need to establish terms and conditions and the sustainability of the programs in the long-term
- The effects Welfare Programs have in the job market and in the reduction of social inequality
- Performance in comparison to the main Welfare Programs in the following countries: Argentina (Bolsa Universal Infantil Protecao Social), Mexico (Programa de Desenvolvimento Humano Oportunidades) and Chile (Chile Solidario)
Class Schedule and Location
Academic Workload: 40 hours
Frequency and time: to be defined.
Location: depending on the modality offered
- Presential: at FGV in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo or Brasília (to be defined).
- Semi-Presential: face-to-face meetings at FGV in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo or Brasília (to be defined) and virtual meetings transmitted by webconference.
- Virtual: 100% live classes transmitted by webconference.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our Program, contact us:
Phone: +55 21 3799-6059
To receive this course certification students are expected to have an attendance of at least 75%.
In conjunction with the certificate students will also receive a digital badge they will be able to easily display in their social media platforms. The FGV badge is encrypted with blockchain technology, that guarantees the veracity of the information published.